Frequently Asked Questions
- Who runs the Monterey Trail Soccer Club?
- What is the Age Requirement?
- When does the soccer season begin and end?
- How are teams formed?
- When are games and practices?
- What about uniforms?
- What do I bring to registration?
- Why do I have to give you a new picture every season?
- I don’t have an official copy of my child’s birth certificate; can I use the one the hospital gave me?
- When and where is registration?
- When will I be notified about my child’s team and coach?
- How can I contact the Monterey Trail Soccer Club?
- How can I get on the Monterey Trail Soccer Club mailing list to receive e-mails throughout the year?
Who runs the Monterey Trail Soccer Club?
The Monterey Trail Soccer Club is a non-profit volunteer organization and
a part of the Elk Grove Youth Soccer League. We are not
affiliated with any school districts or with any cities.
There is a Board of Directors, composed of volunteers, that
meet monthly to make decisions and to keep things running
smoothly each season. Please consider volunteering to help
What is the Age Requirement?
Children who will be 5 yrs old before Aug 1 (or entering kindergarten) through 13 yrs old on or before July 31. If a player is older than 13 on these dates, they cannot play for the Monterey Trail Soccer Club
and should sign up with the
Elk Grove Community Club U16 – U19.
When does the soccer season begin and end?
The season traditionally begins the first weekend after Labor Day in the fall. Practices begin
in August. Games begin in September and end in November. There are 10 games played over a 10 to 11 week season.
How are teams formed?
The Monterey Trail Soccer Club will create as many recreational teams as are needed, depending
on the number of registered recreational players. Each player is assigned to a team based on age and gender, with
the age levels divided into eight groups: U6, U7, U8, U9, U10, U11, U12, and U14. Your child can request a specific coach and to play with friends. A Special Request Form must be accompanied with the registration application.
When are games and practices?
Games are played on Saturdays beginning the weekend after Labor Day. Practices are held 1-2 times during
the week (as set by the coach). Ages U6 to U8 practice for an hour and ages U9 to U14 can practice up to an hour and a half.
What about uniforms?
Uniforms are provided by the Monterey Trail Soccer Club with the help of Elk Grove Youth Soccer
League. The player must provide their own shin guards and soccer shoes, they are mandatory to wear.
What do I bring to registration?
1. Official copy of birth certificate. (Not necessary if player is returning and copy
is on file) Passport or military birth certificate is also acceptable.
2. For age groups U9 and above, a photograph of the player (1 in. by 1 in.); self-adhesive mini-pictures from school portraits are perfect; player must not be wearing a hat or sunglasses. Please put your child's name and age on the back.
3. Registration fee of $130.00 cash or check only. (Registration fee includes a complimentary
uniform, picture portrait of player, team picture, and a participation trophy or medal.)
Why do I have to give you a new picture every season?
The photos are used to make "player passes" for children playing U9 and above, which the referees check before each game to verify that the player belongs on the team. We need to have current pictures of each player.
I don’t have an official copy of my child’s birth certificate; can I use the one the hospital gave me?
No. When a child is born the hospital gives the parents an “unofficial” birth document with
instructions on how to obtain the “official” birth certificate from the State or County Records Office.
If you never did that, you should NOW. We can only accept a copy of the “official” birth certificate.
When and where is registration?
Registration dates and times are posted on our registration page.
When will I be notified about my child’s team and coach?
Team assignments are done in July and the team lists will be given to the coaches at their first
meeting in late July. Coaches will begin calling their team members within a few days from that date.
How can I contact the Monterey Trail Soccer Club?
Visit our contact information page.
How can I get on the Monterey Trail Soccer Club mailing list to receive e-mails throughout the year?
Visit our home page and look for "Join Our Email List" toward the top of the page. Enter your e-mail address and click the "Join" button. That's it! You will continue to receive periodic e-mails from the club until you choose to unsubscribe from the list.